Pollyanna was one of the first vessels built by the Halvorsen yard after World War II with luxury in mind, following many years building craft for the armed services.
Pollyanna's raised-deck hull carries one of Halvorsen's trademark configurations, a bridge deck just aft of the forward cabin, opening to a deck over the aft saloon. Originally named Sylph V, she was moored in Sydney until 1958 when Roland Smith took her to Western Australia and renamed her Pollyanna. She replaced two earlier craft he had owned which had used the same name.
From 2005 to 2008 Pollyanna received a complete restoration, including new deck planking, engineering, electrical systems, a replacement of the superstructure and other significant repairs to the hull bringing her back to better than new condition.
Designer Halvorsen Builder Halvorsen Launched 1946, Sydney Length 18.3m, 60ft
(c) 2015 Classic Boat Club of Western Australia. All rights reserved.