Kiewa is an auxilliary lugger built for Dr William Trethowan who was Commodore of Royal Perth Yacht Club. He owned her for ten years before selling her to E. Tomlinson, Commodore of Perth Flying Squadron. He owned her for another 23 years before passing her on to family members.
Her original power was by a 27 h.p. (R.A.C.) Ailsa Craig petrol / kero engine.
Her backbone and floors are of jarrah, bent ribs of green karri and her strakes are New Zealand kauri.
She was restored and relaunched in 2013.
Designer Jack Easton Builder W&S Lawrence Launched 1913, Perth Length 12.2m, 40ft
(c) 2015 Classic Boat Club of Western Australia. All rights reserved.